Thursday, July 2, 2009

Enjoy my life in UM


Hi, everyone! I'm Anqi YANG from the department of Biology in Tsinghua University. You can call me Angela.

After a few days wandering around the campus, I got used to the life here and began to like it. Every morning, I'm woken up by the pretty red bird just outside my window and start a new day.

There are really a lot of great things in the UM campus. The very first thing I'd like to mention is the squirrels which are quite big and lovely. They don't fear people at all and show themselves out in front of your camera just like a superstar.

I spent a whole day in the museum soaking myself in art and history and I really enjoyed it. It is hard to imagine for a University in China to have such large museums here.

We are treated here just like their own students. With our M-card, we can go to the gym, take buses, borrow books from libaries all for free.

At this time in Ann Arbor, annual music festival is taking place. We can enjoy different kinds of music every evening in the Park just around the Bell Tower. We even went to watch a outdoor film called James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace.

On July 4th, the Independent Day, we went for a trip to Detroit. It was UM and Tsinghua & Peking University Alumni who arranged the trip for us. We had a very nice day there. We really appreciated their generosity and warm-heart. In the evening, we went to Trenton to see the fireworks beside the river. How splendid they were~

1 comment:

  1. Hello Angela, The cardinals wake me up too! At first I am annoyed but their song is sweet so I forgive them. I was very near you for the fireworks -- at my parent's home in Southgate -- two cities north and saw some lovely displays as well.

    ReplyDelete